The 4 Best Alternatives to Microsoft Office
Is your Microsoft Office license coming to an end and you don't want to pay more?
We'll help you. We have some free solutions for you!
The 4 best alternatives to Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office is the most popular productivity tool on the market. We are all familiar with Word or Excel, and it is almost unthinkable to have a computer without access to these resources. However, the price of the Office suite is not justified for many people and there are already several free alternatives that are completely compatible. In this article we present some suggestions and their specifics so that you can work or study without paying!
The Google Drive needs no introduction. It is one of the most known platforms office online and has some advantages over the others, which we will address.
This free tool allows you to:
- Create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations and online forms;
- Automatically save as you make changes.
- Share documents with multiple users who can edit them at the same time.
- Upload files from your computer to Google Docs.
Although sometimes uploading documents created in other software does not always convert perfectly to Google Docs format, this tool is ideal for simple editing and sharing of documents. Being compatible with DOC, XLS and PPT formats, also allowing you to import files created in Microsoft Office.
Of all the alternatives we present, WPS Office is the one that comes closest to the functionalities and design of Microsoft Office.
This tool, besides being free, has other advantages:
- It is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux;
- It is compatible with Microsoft Office;
- It has an application for PDF files that allows you to export and import to different formats.
- WPS Office is available for mobile devices (Android and iOS).
There is a premium version for €29.99 per year that offers more storage space and more device connectivity (up to 9).
If you are used to Microsoft Office, WPS is the best solution! Surely, the adaptation process will be quick, thanks to their similarities.
LibreOffice is the most complete office tool of all presented.
It contains several applications that make it the most powerful free and open source productivity program on the market. They are:
- The three classics identical to Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- The Draw (Visio-like diagramming tool);
- The Math (used to create simple and complex formulas)
- The Base (similar to Microsoft Access).
It is a 100% free program, supported by a worldwide community of volunteers working in a variety of areas to provide an efficient and cost-free alternative to Microsoft Office. It is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
FreeOffice is a productivity suite developed by the German company SoftMaker.
The latest version of this tool guarantees complete compatibility with Microsoft Office files, without deformatting documents, and more faster It is available for Windows, Android and Linux. There are still other advantages like: Its free version is quite complete and might be enough for you. However, if you are looking for an even more complete tool, you can purchase the SoftMaker Office package.
There are still other advantages like:
Its free version is quite complete and might be enough for you. However, if you are looking for an even more complete tool, you can purchase the SoftMaker Office package.