add wishlist add wishlist show wishlist add compare add compare show compare preloader
  • Take advantage! Return period extended until January 31st.
Apneia de ecrã - o que é e o que fazer?

Screen Apnea - What is it and what to do?

Screen apnea - what is it and what to do?



Have you ever heard of screen apnea? It comes from the English “screen apnea” and is increasingly common. The term “apnea” means voluntary or involuntary interruption of airflow to the lungs. Screen apnea is the interruption of breathing while you are in front of a screen, and according to several studies, you are doing it right now! 80% of people hold their breath or breathe poorly when sitting in front of their monitor. Screen apnea prevents you from breathing properly, which can cause exhaustion, anxiety and a host of other stress-related illnesses and even impair professional performance.


Most people spend an average of ten hours a day sitting, whether in a car, on the couch or in front of a screen. And the human body was not designed to be in that inactive position for these long periods of time. Doing so can reduce life expectancy, as increases by 85% the risk of dying from cardiovascular diseases. Adding to that the consequences of screen apnea, it is a worrying scenario.


In 2007, Linda Stone, an American writer and consultant, noticed that as soon as she started working on her laptop she would start to breathe little or hold her breath. As she began to pay attention over the next few days, she realized that it was a recurring situation. However, as soon as she stood up and moved a little, her breathing became completely different.


During a period of seven months of observation, Stone tested about 200 people in his dining room, using a device that measures pulse and heart rate variability. As she did her research, she spoke with scholars, clinicians, psychologists and neuroscientists to better understand what happens to our physiology when we hold our breath. At the end of her study, Linda Stone named this phenomenon email apnea or screen apnea - temporary interruption of breathing or shallow breathing when in front of screens.


This study gave rise to several researches on the subject, which confirmed what Stone had concluded: about 80% of people suffer from screen apnea and the remaining 20% ​​who do not have the same symptoms are individuals who, at some point in their lives, learned breathing techniques, as is the case with musicians, dancers, pilots or high-performance athletes.


There are some tips to reduce the impact of screen apnea and here are some of them:


1- Pay attention to the breath


2- Avoid sitting for many hours in a row


3 - Do physical exercise


4 - Having a chair with a back - the more comfortable the better


5 - Taking frequent breaks


6 - Avoid using your cell phone or other screen during these breaks


The ideal is to take several breaks during the day and exercise. And to improve your exercise experience, we have a key accessory in store: headphones and earphones at low prices. Visit our Headphones page and choose yours now.

*  *
The Digiplanet offers low-price, high-performance refurbished professional computers.
From our commitment to promoting more responsible consumption the platform Digiplanet is born with a set of refurbished, state-of-the-art, high-performance and low-price equipment, allowing you to perform your tasks professional, academic or leisure, with the same quality that you would find in similar equipment, in new condition and purchased from a traditional retailer 
Digiplanet has high technical experience, highly specialized from Digiconta which, since 1976, operates in the technological solutions market, working for demanding institutions, in particular the most important  national banks.
The experience and the technical rigor, accumulated over more than 40 years of activity , make Digiconta the natural and most prepared institution to provide you with a safe choice and a diversified offer in refurbished computers with warranty, which you can now find on the new platform DIgiplanet.







Comments (0)

    Leave a comment

    Comments have to be approved before showing up